Welcome to Plump Drunk Fruit…
Deliciously juicy currants, sultanas and raisins soaked to perfection in port and rum. Grab a jar to add a boozy indulgent twist to some of your favourite recipes or dollop on pancakes, ice-cream or a slab of cheese.
PlumpDrunkFruit has been doing a roaring trade at farmers markets and in delis. In fact it’s fast becoming a firm favourite in kitchens and pantries up and down the land! But don’t take our word for it, Pick up some PlumpDrunkFruit and put a smile on your face.
P.S. Unfortunately it’s not one of your five a day!”
Everything Plump Drunk Fruit!
What a fantastic year it’s been for the PlumpDrunkFruit Army! Christmas is just around the corner and you can now pick up a jar in over 30 stockist around the country.
Our delicious currants, sultanas and raisins have been getting merry for months soaking in rum and ruby wine and now they’re ready to add to your festive treats.
We’ve got lots of recipes from the very best Boozy Christmas Cake to Magnificent Mince Pies so don’t get your tinsel in a tangle, pick up a jar of PlumpDrunkFruit! x
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 225g/8oz butter or margarine softened at room temperature
- 225g/8oz caster
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour
- 4tbs PlumpDrunkFruit
- 14oz condensed milk
- 140ml milk
- 1lb demerara sugar
- 4oz butter
Ingredients ( serves 12 )
- 125g butter
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 250g rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of PlumpDrunkFruit
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4
2. In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter and sugar have melted. Stir in the oats and PlumpDrunkFruit until coated. Pour into a 20cm square baking tin. The mixture should be about 2 to 3cm thick.
3. Bake for 30 mins in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden. Cut into squares, then leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.Read more